Invisible meerkats

Today I visited our mob to have a look at how things are going with Möfzi and the upheaval in the mob.

When I left home, I packed my bag with a hardboiled egg for Möfzi, a new bag to be photographed, the camera and camera lenses. The weather was so fine today, I would have made a great day for pictures.

When I was almost there, I realized that I had left the memory card inside the card reader. So no pics today ;-)

Things have calmed down a little in the mob. Möfzis paw is on the mend, but her tail still looks like the moths had their share of its fur.

When I arrived, most of the kats were sunning themselves in front of the steel door to their inside enclosure. Möfzi and some of the others were inside.

After some time I managed to lure Möfzi with her boiled egg treat. She came outside and was her real self again!

When Stubby Tail tried to get something, she snarled and lunged at him and he backed down.
Stubby Tail is back to his old self, making his churring rrrtrrrt sounds and no longer aggressive.

Still there is nobody who has an active interest in taking the dominant position together with Möfzi. We will have to wait until spring, I guess.

I watched some really sweet grooming between Möfzi and Sayuri in the inside enclosure. Sayuri is still a little smaller than her littermates, but she looks more and more like a small version of her mother. And she can sit up very well now, but standing up is still a too difficult challenge for her.

Caruso and Snoutie were very curious today and I managed to touch Caruso`s head without being bitten, while she was sunning herself and oblivious of what was going on behind her back. Her fur is very soft!

Some time ago the kats got a heat pad (which is actually for piglets), which they have not been too keen on using.

Today, after the heat lamps were switched off in the outside enclosure (they have a timer which is set to about 4.30 p. m.) though, Flat Ears sat down on the pad for a while.

I think the reason, why they don`t use it is that it was installed in a place where they usually never sit. A spot on the far side of the big lookout hill might have been a wiser decision.

All the kats were very noisy today and you could hear them pretty clearly while they were rolling around under the big heat lamp.

Möfzi is no longer chased away and she will not leave, as soon as some of the other kats turn up. So this seems to be setteled now, but sadly with the loss of Jolly Roger.
We miss you, guy!

No comments: